Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Work bench

The first thing I needed was a place to work. We had recently moved from an apartment to a house with a garage, and it was bare. My man cave needed to be furnished. The back wall already had pegboard on it in the little cove area, so I decided to build a work bench in that area. I had a mini fridge that I had already modified to accept a corny keg setup for my homebrewing (still to be completed), and a regular-sized fridge I bought off a friend, so I built the bench around those. It's just a basic work bench framed out of 2x4's with OSB for the table top and shelf. I made it the same width as the fridge and built it to fill the rest of the length of the area I had available, and high enough to be a comfortable working level and slide the mini fridge in below it. I built the shelf 12" below the tabletop supports. I have since sold the large fridge, giving myself a 30" wide gap that I'll fill with a tool chest at some point in the near future. I bought the overhead light thinking it had a switch. Silly me for buying the cheap one. So I had to pick up an extension cord, a box, and a switch and wire one in, as the plug for it was behind the big fridge.





No comments:

Post a Comment