Monday, February 9, 2015

Pulsar watch

The wife (girlfriend at the time) bought me this watch as a Christmas gift about 2 years ago. I had been eyeballing it for a little bit. Really liked the clean look, and it matched my black scrubs I would soon be wearing to work at my new (at the time) job.

I was wearing it while working in the garage one day (I think on the CT70), and busted the crystal. A piece of the glass fell beneath one of the hands and wedged in there, binding up the movement and running out the battery. The spring bar holding one side of the strap on bent and the strap fell off as well. So I took it off with the intent of having it fixed and it sat for almost 2 years.

I eventually decided I could fix it myself and started looking into watch making. Found the parts and information I needed and got to work. Didn't take before pictures, but you can figure it out.





Now I really want to start building and repairing mechanical watches. Because I didn't have enough hobbies yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment